- Books for Kids in the (Erie Times-)News
- October 17, 2010 Ed Matthews Allyn to speak at celebration
- November 14, 2010 Liz Allen Kid's lit pays off for all
- November 15, 2010 Editorial/Viewpoint/Our View Erie's Books for Kids hits big milestone
Books for Kids, Erie Chapter is an affiliate of the Books for Kids foundation in New York, NY. You can visit them
- Over 90% of the funds given to Books for Kids, Erie Chapter is used to buy books.
- All of the money raised by Books for Kids, Erie Chapter benefits children and youth in Erie County.
- Donors to Books for Kids receive a quarterly newspaper about our activities and achievements.
- Books for Kids works with other non-profit agencies to distribute books to needy children and youth, ages 0 - 18.
- Dozens of non-profit oganizations in Erie County have received books to distribute to needy children, including:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Erie
- Inner-city schools
- Shriners Hospital
- GECAC Learning Center
- Edmund Thomas Adolescent Center
- Erie Tenant Council
- Achievement Center
- Florence Crittenton Home
- Student Parenting Program
- City Center Outreach
- Student Medical Association, LECOM
- Hispanic American Council
- Martin Luther King Center
- Perseus Home
- Juvenile Probation
- Twenty-six Food Pantries
See the Books for Kids - Erie Chapter Mission Statement